Front-End Web Developer - Seattle, WA
Rhapsody International Inc. ("Rhapsody") is searching for a talented Front-End Web Developer to focus on new initiatives relating to developing user features that span across mobile and web platforms. This candidate will work on a small team directly for the director overseeing the program.
Candidate must have significant experience with HTML5/CSS/JS technologies (Sencha Touch, JQuery for Mobile frameworks and generally building solid mobile web applications for iOS and Android platforms is also strongly desired). Candidate should also have strong experience building dynamic services with various service integrations via JSON and general API development experience. Ideally this candidate also has experience integrating external services into an application in a standardized and scalable manner.
Among other responsibilities, the person in this position will:
- Ability to work in a small, dynamic team environment with a large amount of personal accountability with little direct management needed.
- Significant experience with HTML5/CSS/JS technologies (Sencha Touch, JQuery for Mobile frameworks and generally building solid mobile-supported web applications for iOS and Android platforms is also strongly desired).
- Ideally have experience with hybrid applications using PhoneGap or Titanium platforms.
- Strong experience building highly dynamic, personalized, scalable services using various client-server communications methods (especially using JSON).
- Passionate about the online music space and very familiar with the current available web and mobile app services available for users.
With more than 1 million paying subscribers, Rhapsody ("www.rhapsody.com") is the world's leading digital music service that makes it possible for fans to listen to any song, anytime and anywhere. For a flat monthly fee, subscribers can access Rhapsody's catalog of over 13 million songs anywhere they want to hear music, including from their smart phones, personal computers, stereo systems, internet connected televisions and MP3 players.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience building iOS and/or Android applications
- Experience integrating 3rd party webservices
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience building web apps that work across platforms (specifically web, mobile and tablet)
- Self starter with an entrepreneurial spirit. Open to try new processes and methods. Ideally familiar with Lean Start Up methodology.
- This is a senior position; we're looking for someone who has at least 5+ years of web development experience.
Rhapsody offers a highly collaborative, hardworking, open environment where you'll work alongside extremely creative and dedicated people. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with offices in San Francisco and New York. We are proud to offer our full time employees an extensive benefits package including generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401K, telecommuting, subsidized commuting options and more.Please click here to apply!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Rhapsody International Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.