Sr. Financial Analyst - Seattle, WA
Rhapsody International Inc. ("Rhapsody") is searching for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst who has a passion for providing key insights into business performance, and providing analysis to support decision making. We are seeking a smart, entrepreneurial professional who will partner with management to continuously improve Rhapsody's FP&A processes and quality of data.
Among other responsibilities, the person in this position will:
- Support monthly P&L, balance sheet and cash flow forecast assumptions, focusing on the analysis of key historical and predictive business information, ensuring accuracy of financial results, appropriateness of future financial commitments, and explanations of variances to Budget.
- Lead the coordination of the worldwide annual budgeting process, including analysis used to build financial models around new initiative product plans, pipeline sales targets and resource requirements.
- Work with business units on the development of operational reporting requirements and coordinate report creation with the Business Intelligence team.
- Monitor daily/weekly operational reports, proactively research material variances and communicate findings as necessary.
- Provide ad-hoc and recurring analytic support for product planning, marketing, engineering resource planning, and corporate development.
- Assist in market sizing, competitive analysis and industry research in support of revenue projections, product positioning, and corporate development.
- Partner with business leaders and provide financial leadership in day to day operations of the company.
Rhapsody ("www.rhapsody.com") is the world's leading digital music service that makes it possible for fans to listen to any song, anytime and anywhere. For a flat monthly fee, subscribers can access Rhapsody's catalog of over 13 million songs anywhere they want to hear music, including from their smart phones, personal computers, stereo systems, internet connected televisions and MP3 players.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5-7 years related business experience in a high tech industry.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and financial modeling skills.
- Comfortable manipulating large sets of data and ability to highlight key trends & metrics.
- Solid presentation and written communication skills required.
- Experience with ecommerce industry preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics from a top tier school; MBA or CPA strongly preferred.
Rhapsody offers a highly collaborative, hardworking, open environment where you'll work alongside extremely creative and dedicated people. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with offices in San Francisco and New York. We are proud to offer our full time employees an extensive benefits package including generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401K, telecommuting, subsidized commuting options and more.Please click here to apply!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Rhapsody International Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.